MOUNTAIN BROOK CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 22, 2010, 7:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER LOCATED AT 56 CHURCH STREET
MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
- Denise Pomeroy, candidate for Place 23, Circuit Judge of Jefferson County to address the Mayor and City Council.
- Approval of the minutes of the March 8, 2010, regular meeting of the City Council.
- Consideration: Resolution accepting the architectural fee adjustment proposal in the amount of $40,000 for utility relocation in connection with the municipal complex project.
- Consideration: Resolution appointing Troy Rhone to the Tree Commission, to serve without compensation through March 22, 2013.
- Consideration: Resolution recommending the issuance of an 040 - Retail Beer (On or Off Premises) and an 060 - Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) licenses to S and P Restaurant Group, Inc., (dba\ Nothing But Noodles) located at 2800 Cahaba Village Plaza, Suite 140.
- Consideration: Resolution amending the fiscal 2010 budget as follows: a) Reclassify the School Resource Officer Special Revenue Fund (533) to the General Fund (100) for financial reporting purposes, b) budget for the purchase of an additional ambulance authorized for purchase in 2010 by Resolution No. 10-024, and c) record a state grant in the amount of $5,000 to be used for public safety purposes and increasePolice and Fire communications expenses by $2,500 each for equipment to be bought from said grant proceeds.
- Consideration: Resolution authorizing the execution of sales tax agency agreement between the City and Jim Cooper Construction Company, Inc. with respect to the Park & Recreation building project.
- Consideration: Resolution authorizing the execution of sales tax agency agreement between the City and H. N. Donahoo Contracting Company, Inc. with respect to the Park & Recreation building project.
- Consideration: Resolution authorizing the execution of an [amended] agreement between the City and Mr. James Lewis with respect to the brick wall and column repair on Overton Road at its intersection with Locksley Drive.
- Consideration: Resolution authorizing the execution of a 3-year Auxiliary Audit Agreement between the City and PRA Government Services, LLC s/b/a RDS for tax and license auditing services.
- Consideration: Resolution accepting the professional service proposal submitted by Walter Schoel Engineering Company, Inc., for consulting services with respect to the planned municipal complex.
- Consideration: Ordinance amending Chapter 26, Sections 226 and 227, Article VII, of the City Code with respect to the business license code.
- Presentation: Citizen’s to Save Highway 280.
- Other business.
MOUNTAIN BROOK CITY COUNCIL PRE-MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 22, 2010, 5:30 P.M.
CITY MANAGER'S CONFERENCE TROOM LOCATED AT 56 CHURCH STREET
MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
- MAX Transit Advisory Committee update – Richard Goldstein.
- Renewal of contract with Waste Management for 3 years for garbage, trash, recycling and leaf pick-up services – Terry White of Waste Management.
- Door-to-Door Solicitation Ordinance amendments and Business License Code amendments – Samantha Smith and Steve Boone.
- Campaign office conditional use for 2721 Cahaba Road (Avo Building) – Dana Hazen
- Proposed construction plans and public meeting schedule for Phase IIB of the Watkins Branch Flood Mitigation project – Jim Lehe.
- Iberia Bank conditional use approval for 100 Euclid Avenue (Harvest Glen site) – Dana Hazen.
- Historical marker for The Old Mill – Mayor Oden.
- Funding for the Jefferson County Historical Commission – Mayor Oden.
- House Bill 404 related to Council-Manager form of government for Class 6 Cities – Mayor Oden.
- Executive Session.