MOUNTAIN BROOK CITY COUNCIL
ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING AGENDA
PRE-COUNCIL ROOM (A0106) CITY HALL
56 CHURCH STREET
MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
November 3, 2014 - 7:30 A.M.
- Introduction: City Manager to introduce Pete Johnson, municipal judge, who will administer the oaths of office.
- Inauguration of three members of the City Council elected to office.
- Election of the City Council President (Virginia C. Smith).
- Election of the City Council President Pro Tempore (to be announced).
- Consideration: Motion for the adoption of the rules of order and procedure.
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the City Manager (Sam S. Gaston).
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the City Clerk (Steven Boone).
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the City Treasurer (William F. “Billy” Angell).
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the Assistant City Treasurer (John H. “Jack” Martin).
- Consideration: Resolution appointing the City Attorney(s) (Bishop, Colvin, Johnson & Kent and Starnes, Davis & Florie, LLP).
- Inauguration of the City Manager, City Clerk, and City Treasurer.
- Consideration: Motion appointing Council representatives to the:
Planning Commission (voting member) - Jack D. Carl
Board of Zoning Adjustment (liaison) - Virginia C. Smith
Parks and Recreation Board (liaison) - Virginia C. Smith
Emmet O’Neal Library Board (liaison) - Lloyd C. Shelton
Board of Education (liaison) - William S. Pritchard, III
Finance Committee (voting member) - Lloyd C. Shelton
Villages Design Review Committee (liaison) - Alice B. Womack
Editorial Board - Virginia C. Smith
Tree Commission (liaison) - Virginia C. Smith
Chamber of Commerce (liaison) - Alice B. Womack
Parking Committee - Jack D. Carl
Municipal judges - Mayor Oden
Public safety departments - Mayor Oden
All In Committee (voting member) - William S. Pritchard, III
- Consideration: Motion appointing the Mayor and City Council as the Board of Commissioners of the Mountain Brook Emergency Communication District and nomination of the Chairman of the Emergency Communication District Board.
- Announcement: The next regular meeting of the City Council is Monday, November 10, 2014, at 7 p.m.
- Other business.
- Comments from residents.
Paste the text string below to your URL to go to the City's website to obtain the complete agenda packets including resolutions, ordinances and supporting documentation: