MOUNTAIN BROOK CITY COUNCIL
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBER (ROOM A108)
56 CHURCH STREET, MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35213
NOVEMBER 5, 2018, 7:30 A.M.
- Introduction: City Manager to introduce K. C. Hairston, municipal judge, who will administer the oaths of office
- Inauguration of three members of the City Council elected to office
- Motion: Election of the City Council President (Virginia C. Smith)
- Motion: Election of the City Council President Pro Tempore (Williams S. Pritchard III)
- Consent agenda: a. Consideration: Motion for the adoption of the rules of order and procedure, b. Consideration: Resolution appointing the City Attorney(s) (Bishop, Colvin, Johnson & Kent and Starnes, Davis & Florie, LLP), c. Consideration: Motion appointing Council representatives to the: Planning Commission (voting member)-Philip E. Black, Board of Zoning Adjustment (liaison)-Virginia C. Smith, Parks and Recreation Board (liaison)-Virginia C. Smith, Emmet O’Neal Library Board (liaison)-Lloyd C. Shelton, Board of Education (liaison)-William S. Pritchard III, Finance Committee (voting member)-Lloyd C. Shelton, Villages Design Review Committee (liaison)-Alice B. Womack, Editorial Board-Virginia C. Smith, Board of Landscape Design (liaison)-Virginia C. Smith, Chamber of Commerce (liaison)-Alice B. Womack, Parking Committee-Philip E. Black, Municipal judges-Stewart Welch III, Public safety departments-Stewart Welch III, All In Committee (voting member)-William S. Pritchard III, d. Consideration: Motion appointing the members of the Mountain Brook City Council as the Board of Commissioners of the Mountain Brook Emergency Communication District and nomination of the Chairman (Virginia C. Smith) of the Emergency Communication District Board
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the City Manager (Sam S. Gaston)
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the City Clerk (Steven Boone)
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the City Treasurer (William F. “Billy” Angell)
- Consideration: Ordinance appointing the Assistant City Treasurer (John H. “Jack” Martin)
- Inauguration of the City Manager, City Clerk, and City Treasurer
- Consideration: Resolution imposing a moratorium on new construction on certain non-conforming lots in Residence A zoning districts.
- Announcement: The next regular meeting of the City Council will be Tuesday, November 13, 2018, at 7 p.m.
- Other business
- Comments from residents
- Executive session